• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How Much Ammo?

polaris30144

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
19   0
Reaction score
I was curious to see how much ammo everyone carries with them hunting. I carry a box or two in my truck for each gun I have with me for a particular hunt, but very rarely carry more than ten rounds with me while hunting. Hunting with a rifle, I load my gun up(Four or Five rounds depending on rifle) and carry another full load in my day pack or pocket. I know it is different for upland/ small game hunting where many shots are usually encountered, I am talking about Deer, Hogs and bear mostly. I carry ten rounds with me while Turkey hunting. I have met guys in the woods over the years carrying enough ammo to go into battle, never understood why. I figured they must be bad shots and know it or over estimate how hard it is to kill the average deer.

i carry about 10 rounds into the woods for the hunting weapon and a fully loaded pistol..........i usually hunt alone so i like to make sure i have enough for signaling purposes should i need to.........

In my 30/30 I'll just load up the tube. In my 7mm mag I'll throw 3 in the magazine.

And no matter what I hunt I keep my 1911 on my belt fully ready for whatever!

In my ak I carry a full mag and two back up mags. You never know when you are gonna need enough gun or get into a serious survival situation. Better safe than sorry.

I do not carry a pistol but I always carry a knife as well.

Depending on rifle I'm hunting with, up to 20rnds.
In a shoulder rig, one of my 45's fully loaded with two loaded mags.
Also important to mention....always have a full camel-back of water when I leave base camp in addition to all the other small survival essentials.

ehhhh I usually just carry a good supply of razor blades and hand grenades lol

but seriously, my hunting rifle and a glock 27 both loaded to the gills

Back
Top Bottom