• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How much is too much?

If I go first, she gets a nice mortgage free house, and enough liquid assets to cover probably a decade of my gross earnings which should last the rest of her life with no change in lifestyle. If she goes first I might get enough for that driver quality '65 GTO I've always wanted. Not sure we're equally motivated. I didn't think this out very well....

The important thing here is that you can't just retire and then park your ass somewhere. You won't last no time doing that. All the old dudes ( I mean OLD) especially with plenty of money had something to do and a reason to get up every morning. I knew one old dude named Emmett that already had plenty of money but was still on the Houston Co towing call list. So his ancient ass would be up all hours of the day and night picking up wrecked cars and sweeping up busted glass in the road. But he did make plenty of money doing it.
So it's basically all about having something to do and not stagnating.
As for ME...well poors gotta keep on pooring. What else I'ma do?
At 72 i go to work every day, I think it's good for my health and keeps me from sitting around the house.

If I go first, she gets a nice mortgage free house and enough liquid assets to cover probably a decade of my gross earnings which should last the rest of her life with no change on n lifestyle. If she goes first I might get enough for that driver quality '65 GTO I've always wanted. Not sure we're equally motivated. I didn't think this out very well....
If she goes first, I get enough for the funeral and a little bit left over. Seriously speaking, I should probably look into a 2nd policy.

Wife and I were talking the other day about finances and such, and how much money she'll get if I die.

I occurred to me that at some point I've crossed the threshold from her and my son being taken care of to incentive to kill me.

So I guess I have to be careful to choose what hill I'm willing to die on when we argue now smh
Cash out hide it just get small burial policy

Back
Top Bottom