• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How much trade/sell value at a retail shop?

In my experience, when I go to a pawn shop for example. On a Glock usually 17,19,22,23 they give $275. Sell for $450 in their counter. Pre-Covid obviously, but they're in business to make money, not to lose it. I'll come like @Jake D. and offer them $300 to make it worth their wild. ODT is a private sellers best friend, especially local buyers.

Well since no one else has asked...... what is it your thinking of selling? Somethings will demand more money and give you a higher percent. But others will be less.
I have a couple M&P9s that I go back and forth on keeping/selling/trading. Was thinking of going full Glock (in the striker department), but the jury is still out.

Used guns are in demand due to shortage of new.
my main pawn shop says they can't get them fast enough.
So that's in your favor.
Also depends on what your trading in.
S&W, Ruger, Sig, w/box and manual?
Or dirty Hi-point, Keltec with SSN
carved into barrel. Your mileage may vary.

I am looking for a few pieces for Christmas and prefer a private sale as well. tell me what you have. I can buy or trade if you want some ammo or something

Agree with the others... 30-40% of its real value. But if you have a good, long-standing relationship with the LGS they may be willing to give you a bit more "cuz ur a good customer".

If I just walk into any old gun shop though, this is the reaction I typically get:

iu
sell me your gun.gif

Back
Top Bottom