• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How ******* Stupid is the Sons of Guns Show?

I hear ya. The show is pure crap. Havent watched since the third or fourth episode of season 1. I just loved how they always made a big deal about things supposeldy being done for the first time in gun history. Some things were just never meant to be done in my opinion....

On top of that, the guy who supposedly owns the shop and is the star of the show lost his federal license a few years back because receivers went missing from his shop. The federal license is actually in the name of some of his employees or something like that. The show is a joke on so many levels...

I hear ya. The show is pure crap. Havent watched since the third or fourth episode of season 1. I just loved how they always made a big deal about things supposeldy being done for the first time in gun history. Some things were just never meant to be done in my opinion....

On top of that, the guy who supposedly owns the shop and is the star of the show lost his federal license a few years back because receivers went missing from his shop. The federal license is actually in the name of some of his employees or something like that. The show is a joke on so many levels...

Yeah, like when they made the arrow gun. Like when they built a shoulder stock for a 50AE Desert Eagle. Or when they mounted three Saiga 12 gauges in a gatling configuration and rotated them with some **** that looked like a washing machine motor. And these are just the examples I can remember.

How about when the owner went out to try to score "a big government contract" that turned out to be some rent-a-cops for a power station in Nevada?

That was classic! And then ol' Snaggletooth's boyfriend used the wrong buffer on the spec rifle.

The first time I saw it - I was about 2 months into being an AR owner (before I started building my own). But even then I realized how ****ing contrived or ****ing retarded these people had to be if they called that a profession.

I can't believe Nugent agreed to be on it. I mean I understand him being on the Simpsons. Every famous musician and even some politicians with a sense of humor have been on the Simpsons. But this show does nothing to make gun owners and class 3 dealers look any better. It's the firearms equivalent of WWE wrestling. And as I stated originally, it has to generate a steady stream of really stupid questions/calls to gun shops across the country. Most folks don't even know that transferable machineguns exist. Then this show leads them to believe they do. So then some poor gun shop owner has to explain the supply and demand of pre 86 transferable guns and the prices they go for. If Sons of Guns was worth a damn they would add that info to their "Don't try this at home" disclaimer at the beginning of the show. As in " If you want one of these it takes a LOT of money and patience. "

another "gun" show that has jumped the shark is "wild west alaska" should have known better than to expect a good show about guns without HORRIBLE acting when it is on the animal channel. I think i will stick to the outdoor channels for shows about guns.

If you really want a good laugh, research the company ownership. Someone lost it because atf hoopla and someone else owns it, and they pretend like it didn't happen in the show.

Also, the one week script for shows drives me crazy.
Had a family friend on extreme home make over. Their definition of a week is different than mine.

how typical, gun owners bashing other gun owners. no kidding its scripted, its a tv show! what do you expect? its just entertainment. I personally enjoy watching the show, and about any other shows about guns. I don't see the point in acting like your 12 years old and criticizing these people for doing a tv show and making way more money than you do by doing something they actually enjoy. I really wish they would bring American guns back too...

I remember that episode. She wants to shoot the Desert Eagle so they go to the range, she aims, your standard gunshot sound plays and all of a sudden she's holding a Beretta.

Back
Top Bottom