How to be a Gun Smith?

squirrelslaying101

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
17   0
Reaction score
Are there classes I can attend to be a Smith? If so where would I go. I am in Fort Benning GA, and am in the Army. Does anyone have any pointers for me or how I can get started. Does anyone know of a place somewhat close to the Columbus GA area?
I have a passion for working on, with and overhauling firearms!
V/R
Chris

Chris, You should talk to your unit training NCO about attending the Unit Armorer Course at Fort Stewart, GA. There are 4 classes within the next few months. 4-10 Dec, 24 Jan-4 Feb, 22-27 Apr & 15-20 July. I took the course waaaayyyyy back, but it is an excellent starting point.

master gunner course
unit armorer

depending on your MOS, rank, and what specific unit you are in will determine if and when you go

or you could look up something a civilian would go to on a weekend or evening class, take leave and travel to that school

Use your gi bill for school, army training will help, don't do much for civilian world. I know a medic that's able to perform minor and major surgery, don't mean **** outside army life though.

Chris, You should talk to your unit training NCO about attending the Unit Armorer Course at Fort Stewart, GA. There are 4 classes within the next few months. 4-10 Dec, 24 Jan-4 Feb, 22-27 Apr & 15-20 July. I took the course waaaayyyyy back, but it is an excellent starting point.

I have taken the course in 99.. looking for something with instruction and hands on training...

Back
Top Bottom