• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

How to get your C&R 03 FFL

Probably not.

The price that most dealers charge for shipping a handgun to an '03 FFL is ridiculous. I was quoted over $100 when looking to ship a 1930's era Ballister-Molina (1911-type pistol). This is pretty common, since they will all use next-day shipping from what I've found.

To be honest, it's easier and cheaper just to find an FFL that will do free or low cost transfers and do it that way.

For long guns it's a different story. Shipping is usually pretty reasonable, since it's typically through USPS.

Maybe back in the day, when transferring firearms between dealers was a rarity, this actually made sense. In a more repressive state, CA or NY for example, having a federal 'Collectors License' might hold some sway over local officials as well. But to my mind, in GA today,it just isn't worth the price of admission.

Not for the $$$ savings, but just being able to order a gun out of a catalog and have it sent to the house. Like 1940's Sears and Roebuck style.

Where do you get a log book or is it just a spiral notebook and you write down the SN# and what it is and the date you got it??
Rupe

I just did a search for C&R Bound books and also Free c&r bound book pages . Found the one i liked and ran off a bunch of copys and placed them in a old 1" binder i had laying around

Back
Top Bottom