How To Run a Pump Shotgun

I'm submitting photographic evidence. I'm talking about facts.
I'm pointing out hypocrisy between what people say they do and what they actually do. I'm giving well reasoned opinions?

What are YOU doing, Wheeler?
Just making it personal by attacking me.

I'll leave you with an ancient saying, A proverb of wisdom that mankind came to understand millennia ago:

Big minds talk about ideas.
Average minds talk about events.
Small minds talk about people.

Notice that nowhere in this thread has anybody offered any DATA,
objectively-collected and scientifically analyzed data, to show what shotgun grip is better.

If you want to make yourself useful, Wheeler, instead of just noisy,
why don't you go collect some of that data and bring it back for us to work with?

Of course you won't.
Because the right PEOPLE told you something and that's all you need to know.

I'm submitting photographic evidence. I'm talking about facts.
I'm pointing out hypocrisy between what people say they do and what they actually do. I'm giving well reasoned opinions?

What are YOU doing, Wheeler?
Just making it personal by attacking me.

I'll leave you with an ancient saying, A proverb of wisdom that mankind came to understand millennia ago:

Big minds talk about ideas.
Average minds talk about events.
Small minds talk about people.

No. You’re not submitting facts. You are submitting specious appeals to authority.

If you were really serious about this you’d be on the range testing and finding out for yourself rather than dragging up old pictures of dead people in a vain attempt to prove your insignificant point.

As far as your proverb goes, well you got that wrong too. I’m not talking about you. I’m talking TO you.

My training resume isn’t nearly as extensive as those of the people you’ve decided to take to task for not agreeing with you but it’s a lot more extensive than you’d probably care to admit even if I showed you the proof.

Tell you what. Rather than you continue to pontificate about things you know nothing about why don’t you actually attend one of Lee’s or CMShoot’s classes? I’ll attend with you and we can compare notes face to face. I’ll even buy your shells.

There it is. It’s no longer arguing from the safety provided by the anonymity of the internet. It’s a real meeting between real people on a real range. If you’re willing to do that and still want to imply in a passive/aggressive form that I’m small minded then I’ll take your criticism. Until then you’re just shooting off at the mouth like many interwebs common-taters.

I've attended classes from both, actually, and I was quite impressed.
They're good instructors.
That's not the issue.
Their CVs, their resumes, aren't the issue either.

Look at my FIRST POST in this thread,
and look at Lee Weem's reaction to that.
I was being polite and reasonable inquiring about Chris Baker's odd hand positioning and he comes running in here screaming, basically, "you won't tell us your resume; you won't show us what training certificates you hold; you are not a professional firearms instructor or even a well-trained student of the modern combat shotgun--- who are YOU to dare make any comment on videos I promulgate here?"

THIS IS MY FIRST POST HERE.
If THIS kind of polite, gentle commentary makes
you want to whip out your resume and challenge me
to unroll mine to see whose is longer...

View attachment 2567855

Chris Baker of Lucky Gunner advocates a strange grip technique for placing your dominant hand.

The issue is where to position the thumb of your dominant hand--
does it go on the side of the receiver parallel to the bore,
as shown in Chris's video?

Does it go on top of the back of the receiver near the tang area?
Does your thumb cross over and somewhat wrap around the stock and go to the opposite side of the gun?

He says this is to keep your thumb from being driven back into your face under the gun's recoil. We are talking about pump action shotguns loaded with defensive ammo, not light birdshot payloads intended to break a clay target.

What do y'all think about this?

THIS IS MY FIRST POST HERE.
If THIS kind of polite, gentle commentary makes
you want to whip out your resume and challenge me
to unroll mine to see whose is longer...

It was the subsequent posts in which you continued to belabor your point that drew commentary. I offered to meet you in a class and you sidestepped that. I'm going to make the same offer again. Take a SHOTGUN class with me. Your choice, Lee's or CMShoot's. I'll pay for your ammo. All this talk on a forum is cheap.

Back
Top Bottom