• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

How to search specifics in a specific forum?

stan-51

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
137   0
Reaction score
My question, is there a way to search in a specific area? If I want to find say a Colt 357 revolver in handguns only or anything else to a specific forum is there a way? The only search I can find searches everything with very little specifics and I get all kinds of stuff I don't want. Thanks for the help.

My question, is there a way to search in a specific area? If I want to find say a Colt 357 revolver in handguns only or anything else to a specific forum is there a way? The only search I can find searches everything with very little specifics and I get all kinds of stuff I don't want. Thanks for the help.
You can do exactly what you want to do and it's surprisingly easy.

Go to the forum you want to search. Let's say Handguns for this example. Once you're there look in the header row just above the threads, over to the right. You'll see "Search Forum" with a drop down arrow. Click on that and you can enter your search term, or you can choose "Advanced Search" for more choices (under the same drop down).

When you search this way your results will only be from the forum that you are in.

Last edited:
You can do exactly what you want to do and it's surprisingly easy.

Go to the forum you want to search. Let's say Handguns for this example. Once you're there look in the header row just above the threads, over to the right. You'll see "Search Forum" with a drop down arrow. Click on that and you can enter your search term, or you can choose "Advanced Search" for more choices (under the same drop down).

When you search this way your results will only be from the forum that you are in.
This is GREAT! I never noticed it either. Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom