• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Howdy from Marietta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome aboard, John! Even though I'm more of a polymer nut, I've really thought about acquiring a SR1911, I've heard they are awesome for the price. Plus, they are completely made in the U.S.....of A! Enjoy the site!

Welcome aboard, John! Even though I'm more of a polymer nut, I've really thought about acquiring a SR1911, I've heard they are awesome for the price. Plus, they are completely made in the U.S.....of A! Enjoy the site!

My Dad's got four different 1911s up in New York, all of which would go for far more than a Ruger, and I gotta say, the SR1911 feels better than any of them- plus it's a doll to shoot. I highly recommend it.

And to everyone, thanks for the warm welcome!

Id like to hear more about that 6mm ackley you got. Welcome aboard.

It's a 24" stainless bull barrel with a k98 style Mauser bolt (the action was made in Belgium). It doesn't have the flag safety like a k98, but a switch on the other side of the bolt release. It also has a built-in recoil pad and no sights, but is drilled/tapped with old '50s scope mounts. The scope is a Unertl 12x fixed with a removable sun shade. The stock is beefy but feels great, and is cut with a raised cheek rest, and is comfortable enough to shoot all day.

Unfortunately, the screws in the front scope mount were somehow broken clean across, and the front mount went missing when I took it to my local smith to see if he could repair it (he said no, but referred me to another guy who I've yet to get in touch with). It weighs somewhere in the area of eighteen pounds, and I can't say it's fun to shoot from the shoulder, especially trying to aim through that scope. It's crazy accurate with the Ackley improved reloads, and even with factory 6mm the groups are tight. Couple that with a big boom and negligible recoil, and it's a great gun for anybody to shoot... if they can find the picture through the scope.

welcome.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom