• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-news/us-officials-plan-declare-monkeypox-public-health-emergency-rcna40504

It's most easily spread by skin to skin contact, but it can be spread otherwise. Think chickenpox, and that's the ballpark in both transmission and illness.

The reason it looks like a "gay man's disease" is because gay men are more likely to be tested and report results to health officials and medical professionals than any other demographic, a holdover from the AIDS epidemic.

My post isn't intended as some nutjob leftwing pro-vaccine or whatever conspiracy is the flavor of the day. All I'm pointing out is why the appearance of the thing is the way it is, as I understand it.

From what I gather, monkeypox isn't particularly dangerous so much as it is annoying, and there is some sickness attached to it. I still remember chickenpox as a kid, and that was pretty miserable at aged seven. I'm guessing a similar infection at my age now would be ... not fun, but not deadly. I don't plan on really doing anything to prevent infection beyond normal keep-my-hands-to-myself stuff, here, but I didn't exactly cozy up to any of the kids in first grade, either, so. Stuff happens, it is what it is, but what it aint is something limited to sexual proclivities that may not align with one's moral code.

So if Monkeypox is spread by gay sex. Can they get away with another round of mask mandates and Fauci demanding everyone get vaccinated?
Yes they can get away with it. From the CDC website:

Scientists are still researching:
  • If the virus can be spread when someone has no symptoms
  • How often monkeypox is spread through respiratory secretions, or when a person with monkeypox symptoms might be more likely to spread the virus through respiratory secretions.
  • Whether monkeypox can be spread through semen, vaginal fluids, urine, or feces.
Translated: We don't know so wear a mask, get your jab and mail in vote.

Back
Top Bottom