• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Hunter Education Requirements are BS!!!

I did the same thing...the 2hr. Class course was interesting and fun, def. not a waste of time...you take another short test and get your card that night...I'd rather sit in a 2hr. Class than to get caught hunting without a license by the DNR...them boys don't play...they'll confiscate your firearm and you won't be able to get a license to hunt for a particular amount of time...don't be that guy...

I think nearly every state has an HS requirement including Alabama. They are reciprocal as my sons have to show their Ga cards to get non resident Bama license. Been hunting 30 years there with no license?

Last edited:
I enjoyed the course even though I already heard the stories of climbing the fence with a loaded gun, wearing red during turkey season, and boy shoots hiker. I don't see any news stories of hunting accidents in Georgia anymore. There was that Hilton guy though.... good thing they let us carry in the woods now even in bow season with all the meth and molly out there (and, yeah, it's out there).

I enjoyed the course even though I already heard the stories of climbing the fence with a loaded gun, wearing red during turkey season, and boy shoots hiker. I don't see any news stories of hunting accidents in Georgia anymore. There was that Hilton guy though.... good thing they let us carry in the woods now even in bow season with all the meth and molly out there (and, yeah, it's out there).

the videos you watch in the class of those and some others are amazingly well acted :rolleyes:

Go to the DNR website, gohuntga.com , click on Hunter Education, put in your county, look at the schedule which was posted last March, if there is not a class in your county try one at the county next door. Sign up for the class. Go to the appointed place at the appointed time, sit thru the one hour review, complete the test is 20 minuets or so, get your card, and go home.

the videos you watch in the class of those and some others are amazingly well acted :rolleyes:

The videos, yes, but they were, unfortunately, based on true stories that have been told for many years. I am close to some of those that have had friends or family who's lives suffered from hunting accidents. There are still some amazingly stupid people out there with whom I would never share a field.

I did mine off season and I got a class fairly easy but I scheduled mine 2 months in advance. But the class didn't completely fill up till a couple days before the class. Anyways it's hunting season and you know how everyone wait till last minute.

Back
Top Bottom