Hybrid vehicles or other

Eggmanmja01

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
Though I Be The Lone Survivor! RLTW
283   0
Reaction score
I just received news that my position is being moved to a new location further away from my current one by roughly 50 miles. I live in Dacula and will be relocated to Palmetto - Fairburn area. I currently have an F150 and will need a more economical option, that's if I decide to go at all.
I'm not old enough to collect my retirement, so I'm sorta weighing my options. I do not think selling my house would be an option since my wife will still be working in the Northeast Atlanta area, and I do not want anywhere near the city or in between.

Thanks

The most economical choice would be to keep what you got and drive with a light foot. My wife was just relocated from downtown ATL to a new office in Snellville even further away this week. She gets 21-23 mpg in her Grand Cherokee 3.6 depending on her driving but she gets paid mileage also which makes the ridiculously long drive almost worth it

I'd just stick with the f-150.....by the time you get a "hybrid" or the likes, you'll have spent more that the difference in gas.....by a used hybrid.....what's the remaining battery life??? by new, then sell.....battery life again....NOW if you just wanted to get a cheap gas car to commute....that's different...plenty of those out there.....both new and used....I'm just not sold on any battery car, however hybrid, does appear to be the best choice...Toyota got it right.....

Depending on your skill set and where you are within the company, it may be a better option to look for another job in your area or toward Athens.
I commuted that distance for almost 2 years until I could find a comparable role in my area.
It was a miserable 2 years. :(

Back
Top Bottom