I am SO pissed at Murphy right now!

Yep, Murphy is a bastard! I was all set to get back to bow hunting after about 5 years of not having the time to and this past Monday I found out I've got to have surgery on my left hand for something called "trigger thumb". WTF? For months now every time I straighten out my left thumb it feels like it pops out of joint. Turns out the tendon gets hung up in the joint and pops out when it's straight which hurts like hell. Well at least I won't feel the cortisone shot they're going to put in my elbow for tendinitis that's been hurting even worse than the thumb. I guess a few days in the woods is better than none though, maybe I'll just bring out the crossbow.....:p

edit to add...Why the heck do they call it trigger thumb anyway? I don't use my thumb to pull a dang trigger. LOL!

Last edited:
Yep, Murphy is a bastard! I was all set to get back to bow hunting after about 5 years of not having the time to and this past Monday I found out I've got to have surgery on my left hand for something called "trigger thumb". WTF? For months now every time I straighten out my left thumb it feels like it pops out of joint. Turns out the tendon gets hung up in the joint and pops out when it's straight which hurts like hell. Well at least I won't feel the cortisone shot they're going to put in my elbow for tendinitis that's been hurting even worse than the thumb. I guess a few days in the woods is better than none though, maybe I'll just bring out the crossbow.....:p

Yeah, he is a sorry SOB. Just when everything looks like it's going well, he steps in and screws it up. I wasn't even going to bow hunt this year. I had not practiced with my bow at all. But the way things worked out I got the itch bad this last Sunday. I still didn't think I would go because I was sure I needed to do a lot of work with the bow. Well, I have practiced several times and have been 100% inside a 5 inch circle out to 30 yards from the moment I picked the bow up. I didn't even need to touch the sights after not having shot for two years. I typically restrict my shots to within 30 yards when hunting, so I'm good to go. Now all I have to do is get this damned knee working again. As I type this I'm looking out the window wanting to be sitting in my stand rather than in this chair so much I can taste it. I keep thinking "Maybe an afternoon hunt", then I try to bend my knee and know why I'm here instead of there. LOL!

Yeah, he is a sorry SOB. Just when everything looks like it's going well, he steps in and screws it up. I wasn't even going to bow hunt this year. I had not practiced with my bow at all. But the way things worked out I got the itch bad this last Sunday. I still didn't think I would go because I was sure I needed to do a lot of work with the bow. Well, I have practiced several times and have been 100% inside a 5 inch circle out to 30 yards from the moment I picked the bow up. I didn't even need to touch the sights after not having shot for two years. I typically restrict my shots to within 30 yards when hunting, so I'm good to go. Now all I have to do is get this damned knee working again. As I type this I'm looking out the window wanting to be sitting in my stand rather than in this chair so much I can taste it. I keep thinking "Maybe an afternoon hunt", then I try to bend my knee and know why I'm here instead of there. LOL!

It sucks getting older don't it? My knee has been giving me some trouble too but the Dr. said it's just a part of getting older and going up and down stairs all day at work ain't helping either. I hope your knee gets better quick and you're able to get back to the deer woods asap. Good luck Bear44.

It sucks getting older don't it? My knee has been giving me some trouble too but the Dr. said it's just a part of getting older and going up and down stairs all day at work ain't helping either. I hope your knee gets better quick and you're able to get back to the deer woods asap. Good luck Bear44.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom