I believe i have royally screwed up....

DaveTheMinion

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
94   1
Reaction score
So, I sold my m&p 40 to get my 60 pro, and figured once funds allow, ill pick up another one. My wife's gun recoils similar to my full size, and I figure I can train on my 22 as a supplement (have a trade for a MP 22 lined up :) but in the mean time, til I get the extra funds, my 60 pro is my all around piece. Long story short, til that happens, I been practicing developing trigger control with it. While the trigger is a lil on the heavy side, its a sweet pull, and single action is just pure ecstasy.. So today, after some dryfiring with the revolver, I decided I need to dryfire my wife's 9c so as to nit lose familiarity with the platform..Now, before we turn this into a glock vs m&p trigger etc, I prefer m&p trigger to glocks... but after dryfiring, polishing, and falling in love with my m60, I picked up my wife's 9c and even though it was a short and light pull, the trigger felt like ****, and the gun felt like a plastic pos in my hand..Now before CCw and NWSharpshooter jump in and tell me to stick with one, like I said, I still train on the m&p platform and when funds allow ill pick up another m&p, but ill be damned if I haven't fallen out of love with plastic guns. Shoot em very well, and there's a big advantage in semi automatics, but ill be damned if after drinking the fine whiskey of Smith and Wesson revolvers I can still enjoy the cheap beer flavor of plastic guns. Is this why 1911 guys and diehard revolver guys hate glocks? by the way, I will say the double action pull of the revolver really does a lot for learning trigger pull.

Edited to add: If I use my beloved 60 for a self defense situation, I would feel very confident in both the gun and my abilities with it. However, I have spent numerous hours polishing this gun and bringing her to my desired level of shine with more work to go. I know the minute I use it for defense, she will wind up in a police evidence locker, and by the time she makes it home, she will have scratches no amount of buffing can remove. If any pistol is going to go through that, it'll be the m&p I trust but could care less about.

Last edited:
I will say that in an effort to keep my girl from getting beat up, ill happily pick up another plastic pistol for defense, but steel and wood just does something for me.

I've always wanted a model 60 and I've read that the performance center ones are works of art. I have a 442 that I polished up myself and I'm starting to really like it. You're right about those heavy DA revolvers doing wonders for your trigger pull though. Now when I dry fire my girlfriend's Glock 19 it feels too light.

Oh yeah, and I have a CZ 75 compact on the way (should be here by Wednesday!) with a custom Matt Mink trigger job. I'm hoping I can love it seeing how they fit my hand so well.

I've always wanted a model 60 and I've read that the performance center ones are works of art. I have a 442 that I polished up myself and I'm starting to really like it. You're right about those heavy DA revolvers doing wonders for your trigger pull though. Now when I dry fire my girlfriend's Glock 19 it feels too light.

The pro is somewhere in the middle I guess, not exactly sure what upgrades the pro-performanxe gets, but the pro has a sweet trigger Ans trijicon night sights, grips could be a lil bigger but ill order some aftermarket thicker grips for shooting it. Single action is something to write home about :)

As soon as you try something else you'll be hooked on whatever you try. Seems like we all heard this when you got the glock, heard it about the M&P . . . . whats next??

Back
Top Bottom