• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I feel kinda weird saying this...

Friendly contrarian here . . . I've fired a military .45 and loved it. It's not my favorite, and I like .380 or 9 mm for EDC, but if I had to make a choice in a bad situation that's what I'd grab.

i keep the Sig 40 "in house" because of the mag capacity & I put a Crimson Trace laser on it. I figure most home invasions will likely be at night. My actual preference is a 357 mag because of the versatility of the caliber from low velocity 39SP loads to full house 357s. For some reason I am more comfortable & accurate with a revolver, so I carry a S&W 686. I have never had an aggressive encounter & hope I never do, but if it happens, an accurate placement by something with a big punch may save the day.

Be aware.......be sasfe

Met another ODT'r at the range to let him try out my Tavor before he bought one, and he passed me his .45 1911. Been on this earth 50 something years, shot 100's of guns and 10,000's of rounds. It was my first .45 1911.

For all you "God's caliber" guys out there, now I get it. Now I get it...

Now, to go shopping...:)
Just takes some of us longer to see the light.....Husband has a few 1911s and 2xG21s (1 is a 21SF, supposedly mine but.....you know how that goes;))

I suppose my all time favorite is 45acp for defensive conceal carry. However as I've gotten older I prefer lighter weight. The gun you carry is always better than the one you keep at home. I always carry the largest caliber I can easily conceal. That said even my pocket pistol is a 45 these days

Back
Top Bottom