• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I have an addiction. help meeee, Commando build

David's Gun Room

Default rank <1000 posts Lifetime Supporter
Gunsmithing, Sales, and Safes!
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
5   0
Reaction score
We have built a few retro AR's around the shop, and lately Jeff who sometimes works up front and I built some A2 style rifles using PSA/H&R M16A2 style lowers and have been super happy with them. I threw an AWB ArmaLite HBAR Match type upper on mine, and jeff threw a preban Bushmaster, Fn Kaiser surplus built Hbar upper on his and we have been super stoked. Being a child of the 90's watching 80's action movies I have always wanted to build a Colt Commando. Well PSA's labor day sale took my beans and I got a H&R commando lower coming. Do not know how I want to go about the build but am just excited for the Commando roll mark. My dad was a paratrooper in an American backed Central American country and he would always tell me stories of how the officers had short M16's and that at times they would let him carry the rifle when he was on post. He was issued an M14 and as a little guy the light rifle was nice. Something about jungle warfare, M81 camo, and colt commando's give the right vibes.

Attachments

• Colt_Commando_and_SEAL.jpg
    Colt_Commando_and_SEAL.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 84
  • 800px-LW1XM177Joshua.jpg
    800px-LW1XM177Joshua.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 85
  • Thompson.jpg
    Thompson.jpg
    111 KB · Views: 88
Awesome! My lower arrived today, going to order an lpk and car stock from psa/h&r soon. Still got to decide what I am going to do for the top end.

Back
Top Bottom