• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I have an addiction. help meeee, Commando build

Here is one I just finished. Pretty close copy of the Colt Commando 610B. I like the slick side of the 610B compared to the FA upper on the 609. Upper came from DPMS, lower is temporary, PSA M4 marked while waiting for the H&R. Correct Aluminum CAR stock with two position buffer tube, slim colt style Handguards. Barrel and FSB came from Brownells, they had one with the proper (non F Marked) FSB. 12.5" with pinned and welded flash hider. A1 grip. Also have some 20 round OKay Surefeed mags inbound.
610B.jpg

Hey there DGR...If this is a legit account for the store in Norcross...welcome to ODT. Been in your store several times and enjoyed it each time I was there. Glad ur here...
thanks! I am the online sales manager, Paz. Been here almost 8 years now so I am sure we have met

Around 1989-1995, I had an Olympic Arms CAR-15 that looked (to me) all those Commando shorty M16 variants I'd see on TV, both news media (US troops "advising" the militaries of allies in Central and South America about how to fight communist insurgents and narco -cartel militias) and in the Hollywood entertainment media.

It looked very cool and felt good to wield, but it had reliability issues and I didn't know any AR armorers back then that I could have brought it to. I eventually sold it for about the same price ad I'd paid (I got it used, too). About $425.

k3b-car-jpg.jpg

I ordered a inexpensive part from Delta Team Tactical and noticed they had carry handle uppers stripped for 159.00. That is with nothing. No rear sight apature or anything. I don't know anything about those uppers but they have them.

Welp progress. Scored a C7A1 dissipator upper on here, ordered an H&R Car 15 buffer tube and stock kit and had a parts kit here at the shop, just needing an A1 grip and trigger. Thinking I am going to get a Schmid 2 stage for it.

Welp this silly amalgamation is complete. Pulled the Milspec trigger of an A2 build I have and going to throw a 2 stage on that to go with the National match vibes on that gun (if anyone has a rock river/Schmid 2 stage for cheap let me know!). All it needed was a trigger guard and I had one in the parts bin at the shop. Had set it up in my photo booth but was too lazy to deal with the canon camera so iphone pix it is.

Attachments

• Retro dizzy 2.jpg
    Retro dizzy 2.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Retro dizzy 3.jpg
    Retro dizzy 3.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 8
  • Retro dizzy.jpg
    Retro dizzy.jpg
    183.3 KB · Views: 7
Back
Top Bottom