I just love "Same Day Flippers"

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be honest, I think there are a lot of people on here that see this site as a gathering place for folks who share a common interest in their hobby, so there are some (me included) that do often take gratuitous flipping a little more seriously/personally than others.

I know, my post will likely get me labeled as a whiner and whatnot, but, there are some of us that have opinions on folks jacking up the prices within our hobby unnecessarily, creating a false middle-man, etc (I'm sure you've heard it all, no point in rehashing).

Anyway, long story short, while some may see it as whining, there are some of us that are not in this for profit.

Just my $0.02 on the matter :yo:

Well stated Sir... I just hate to see a bunch of cut throat people screwing each other over for the sake of a dollar (or $150 as it were).

To be honest, I think there are a lot of people on here that see this site as a gathering place for folks who share a common interest in their hobby, so there are some (me included) that do often take gratuitous flipping a little more seriously/personally than others.

I know, my post will likely get me labeled as a whiner and whatnot, but, there are some of us that have opinions on folks jacking up the prices within our hobby unnecessarily, creating a false middle-man, etc (I'm sure you've heard it all, no point in rehashing).

Anyway, long story short, while some may see it as whining, there are some of us that are not in this for profit.

I agree this is a hobby for me. I also don't like to see people trying to take advantage of others. I laugh at $600 rare glocks and the likes. But the other side of the coin is that if you don't list high you risk getting low balled to death. All of the folks I've done deals with have been more than fair. I like to think I have been fair too. I had a deal last year where I thought I had 1000 loose rounds of 45 in a can and it turned out I was short 150 rounds. The gentleman took the time to count them all and I had not I was running on the assumption I had a good tally of what I used. He called me and told me and I promptly paid him the difference the same day no questions asked,.

The law you speak of has some funny wording in it. So long as it's not his sole income source and he isn't only living off the profit from selling said guns he's OK. Seriously when did we get so many people here with degrees in criminal law?

Show me the part where it says it has to be his sole source of income. If you purchase gun for the purpose of turning a profit, then you are breaking the law unless you are a licensed dealer.

less logicks and moar emotionz!!!!!1!!!1!!eleven!!1!1!1

24.media.tumblr.com_tumblr_lrxf6wwDiI1r30nufo1_1280.jpg

BTW - Rdkill left out the part about paying taxes on your profit or you could have the IRS up your ass too... I do not know or care if this guy or all the other people selling Glock 42's for $700 are really breaking the law.

They are trying to make a profit from a hobby and it increases the price across the board. Specifically, I think that it would have been great for somebody that really wanted the Mariner to get it at the good price that it was posted for and KEEP IT.

I agree with you. I'd much rather see all deals go down that way. But the reality is there is always going to be that guy. I sold a Kimber to a first time 1911 owner last week and the smile on that man's face made me happy. I took it in the shorts on the deal but it was damn well worth it.

I agree this is a hobby for me. I also don't like to see people trying to take advantage of others. I laugh at $600 rare glocks and the likes. But the other side of the coin is that if you don't list high you risk getting low balled to death. All of the folks I've done deals with have been more than fair. I like to think I have been fair too. I had a deal last year where I thought I had 1000 loose rounds of 45 in a can and it turned out I was short 150 rounds. The gentleman took the time to count them all and I had not I was running on the assumption I had a good tally of what I used. He called me and told me and I promptly paid him the difference the same day no questions asked,.

I think we are speaking of 2 different topics: Listing a little high to combat lowballers Vs blatant flipping .... 2 different animals

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom