• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I knew it would happen at some point - online shopping warning

emptyMAGS

Default rank 5000+ posts
Mastur of my own Bation
25   0
Reaction score
Long story short - my not so tech savvy mother decided to go cyber Monday shopping without a chaperone and ordered some **** from a too good to be true site from China. I’m on the phone correcting the damage now. At least it was on a credit card and she chose to use it instead of a bank card.

Watch out for your older parents who don’t really know no better…

Long story short - my not so tech savvy mother decided to go cyber Monday shopping without a chaperone and ordered some **** from a too good to be true site from China. I’m on the phone correcting the damage now. At least it was on a credit card and she chose to use it instead of a bank card.

Watch out for your older parents who don’t really know no better…
Check everything all the time. Some asshole in VA has one of my CC numbers and hacked my Walmart.com account. Tried to order 30 flat screen t.v.s, LOL. CC company looked at that anomaly and said, "Uh, no Paco, no se vende amigo." Pain in the ass but what really alerted me was the CC was one I very rarely use anymore since it's used for auto billing a couple of small monthly recurring charges like AT&T, etc.

You mean like the time my Dad’s “high school” buddy emailed and said if he sent him $2000 in apple gift cards he knew a way to get $50k from the government…in cash…in the mail…

He did, however, just had a stroke a few months prior.

Check everything all the time. Some asshole in VA has one of my CC numbers and hacked my Walmart.com account. Tried to order 30 flat screen t.v.s, LOL. CC company looked at that anomaly and said, "Uh, no Paco, no se vende amigo." Pain in the ass but what really alerted me was the CC was one I very rarely use anymore since it's used for auto billing a couple of small monthly recurring charges like AT&T, etc.
And that’s the pain in the butt part. Ours got hit last week. Trying to remember all the accounts it’s tied to for auto payments for a few days now :doh:

Back
Top Bottom