• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I need an Atlanta dealer to ship a firearm to an FFL / Gunsmith because UPS and FedEx suck

UPS has changed their rules, have you shipped since then? Also, if they lose or damage it you will have to deluge to them what was in the package for the claim. At that point, they will decline your claim on the basis of the fact you violated their rules. So, I wouldn't waste money on the extra insurance because I can almost guarantee they won;t pay off. I ship with them all the time(non-firearm related) and they rarely pay off on damaged and lost packages these days.
I use the post office most often, had a rifle I had to ship back to manufacturer a couple weeks ago, and yes I had to use an ffl, I packed and paid postage, dropped it off and they called ups to pick it up. This will turn into another revenue stream for ffl dealers. If I have a choice I use the post office. Easy to deal with and as long as I have a lot of insurance. They can and will get lost with any shipper

I have had to prove to UPS and USPS what was in the box when they each lost items, well the UPS truck caught on fire but still. Neither item was a firearm, but I’d be hesitant to ship an firearm not labeled as such and try to prove what “machine part” was in the box to collect on insurance. Personally, I’d let a dealer/gunsmith/manufacturer handle the shipping.

It's a fools game to ship a firearm that's not labeled correctly these days. You had better be willing to simply write it off if everything doesn't go perfectly.

It's cheap insurance just to have an FFL do it legitimately. Plus they can use USPS and ship much cheaper than you would through UPS or FedEx.

Back
Top Bottom