• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need some help

Jerry

Default rank <4000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
97   0
Reaction score
Anyone on the east side that can check out my sons 15-22, we went to the range and it ran fine @ 1st then started to ftf and fte. I tried to clean it but I'm trying to learn from you tube and some of the instructions are a little fast

img.tapatalk.com_d_14_02_17_nuna2u3a.jpg

Just break it down like a regular AR and spray it with break cleaner and I use qtips where the firing pin is.

Just break it down like a regular AR and spray it with break cleaner and I use qtips where the firing pin is.

Use caution with brake cleaner. Some brands will melt the plastics. Look for a polymer safe gun cleaner. Lubricate the parts with Break Free CLP or other light gun lubricant.

This looks like a straight forward video:

http://youtu.be/S4LJP8d-LKw

Last edited:
Old Remington, I'm sure it's not the best but I would still like to know how to break it down and clean it
Push in the two take down pins. Then remove the upper. Pull the charging handle and bolt group out. That's as far as I would go and you shouldn't need to go any further to clean it.

Push in the two take down pins. Then remove the upper. Pull the charging handle and bolt group out. That's as far as I would go and you shouldn't need to go any further to clean it.

Did that used a .22 brush and rod down the barrel but the rod seemed to be hanging up on me

Back
Top Bottom