• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I need subsonic load data

My 308 is bolt, that's the load i need most. I have 8 pounds of 1680 for blackout, I need some trailboss for the 308 loads, or whatever is best. Keep it coming guys, thanks sold7!

I think 13 grains Red Dot in the 308, just about any weight bullet within reason. 13 Red Dot is an old recipe for just about any 308 to 30.06 sized case.

I used 10 grains Trail Boss witha 180 grain bullet in the 308 as well.

Hodgdon has loads for the 308 using Clays, and TiteGroup.

The main thing is to guess on the high side and work down, so you don't get one stuck in the barrel. Just don't guess too high with the pistol powders or ..........

The loads I mentioned are pretty well known and well used.

Last edited:
Accurate Subsonic in the 308 will be hard to achieve at distances beyond 50 yards. The 300 Blackout may be easier to get good results.

I'm so excited about my first can. So I need your best sub loads for blackout and 308. Thanks guys I know you will provide killer results.
Be careful of secondary explosive effect. Look it up on google it will give you lots of info. Developing sub loads can be dangerous.
I stick to data on loading manuals I've had great success with blackout. But 762x51 has been difficult do to the lack of load data available. Best of luck.

Trailboss is bulky and really safe. Hodgdons site has an easy method for sub loads in any rifle case. Red dot is the other go to powder for subs. I've seen it used on 50bmg subs.

Hodgdon's web site has recipes for Trailboss. I shoot subs suppressed in my Remington 700 bolt gun in 300 BO. I use Trailboss for subs and Littlegun for supersonic loads. The amount of powder of each depends on bullet weight. Shooting over a chronograph is really a must to get the loads right, between 900-1,000 fps.

I have looked at 300 BO ARs but they are picky about cycling with sub-sonic loads. I'd go with a bolt gun for sub-sonics, suppressed.

Trailboss is a big, fluffy grain powder and doesn't meter that well. I usually weigh each load. I use dryer sheets to swab out the funnel at each loading session otherwise the grains will stick due to stick electricity.

Back
Top Bottom