I picked up an unissued Mosin 91/30

freedom

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
1939 Tula, all the numbers match. I don't believe it's ever been fired. The magazine doesn't appear to have ever been loaded, the crown looks unfired too. Are the communists so inefficient that a 1939 rifle sat in a crate throughout WWII without being touched? I have a M44 that appears unfired, but its from the last year of the war, but i've never seen an unfired 91/30.

DSC02817.jpgDSC02818.jpgDSC02819.jpg

Way cool. I have a 1938 model that is the exact opposit of yours. Finn'd mosin. Lord knows what all its seen. Check the tang for a date. May be recycled.

All the numbers you can see on the rifle match. It dated 1939, is there another date stamped somewhere? I just picked it up to look at it today and couldn't believe the shape it was in, perfect crown. It just seemed most of the ones I would see a few years ago were either counterbored or should have been.

Very nice Mosin, every once in a while you'll luck up and find a extremely close to new example. The last laminated 91/30 I bought was is similar condition.

I have a laminated '38 tula that's also in really great shape. It was fired before I got it, but maybe never by an actual Russian.

The conditions you describe are typical of many of the refurbs. I have two in that shape, both refurbs. There are stamps on the stock and receiver which might indicate that. I also thought mine were new unfired, but identification of the stamps on the stock and receiver indicated refurbishment at some time. It is still awesome to have one is such nice shape though.

Back
Top Bottom