• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

I really want one of these a 1911 in .357 magnum!

I picked up this used one (w/ two magazines) a few months ago for $840 shipped. According to Dan Coonan, it was made somewhere around 1988. This pistol is in fantastic shape and is a real blast to shoot.

[Broken External Image]:

I shot one a while back, didn't do much for me actually shooting, sure it had the cool factor, but I prefer the .45 over that...was unique though.

After reading a little further I didn't realize they have been around that long never saw one before. That is one that will be on my wish list. Also being able to shoot 38 specials is very cool

Holy crap they are asking way too much. I like my SIG SP2340 in .357 a lot, but no way I am paying Desert Eagle pricing--I'd just buy a DE in 44.

You have to realize that this is a stainless steel 1911-like semi-auto pistol chamber in .357MAG, not .357SIG. The original Coonans (used) are selling for $1000 - $1100. These are fantastic high-powered pistols that developed their reputation back in the 1980s. Dan Coonan has designed and built one of the best pistols on the market and with that said, $1300 is not unreasonable for what you get. Yes, for the same money you could buy a DE .44MAG or a .50AE for that matter, but you are not getting the same pistol. I had a DE .44MAG (and I am looking to get one again) and I own a DE .50AE. They can be a handful to shoot. The Coonan is almost like shooting a .45ACP 1911.

Back
Top Bottom