I think I'm converted...

jlcnuke

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
In the past 15 years I have shot a LOT of rounds down Beretta pistols. Qualifications and training with the M9, more rounds than I can count down my PX4 and PX4 sub-compact, not to mention the CX4. That's not to say I never gave another manufacturer a chance. I've shot Glocks, XD's, and just about every other type of semi-automatic on the market right now, except for 1911's that is. Until today...

Got a great deal here on a nice Kimber Pro Carry II and finally took it to the range today. I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. First round shooting a .45 out of a gun that weighs no more than my 9mm PX4, I'm sure I expected to feel it, to feel the difference in recoil, to see the extra time to reacquire target etc. What I didn't expect was for the gun to settle just as fast, to absorb that much muzzle flip to make it feel like I was still shooting a 9mm.

I really, really, really, didn't expect that I would be more accurate with the 4" barrel, .45acp, that I just shot my first magazine through than I was with my trusty Beretta that I've been shooting for years. Mind... BLOWN. I still like my Beretta's, and I'm still going to shoot them, but I'm ordering new holsters today, I've found my next carry gun, and I like it.

(p.s. damn you ODT for making me find things like this, now I'm gonna end up being one of those 1911 customizing and collecting guys spending way too much money!!! :party:)

Welcome to the addiction. 1911s are sweet shooters. Check out the Theis, Comptac, or Crossbreed holsters. The right holster makes a lot of difference carrying a 1911.

If you think a 4" is fun and accurate, wait until you get your hands on a quality 5". We shoot a 16" steel plate at 100 yards. talk about fun.

Back
Top Bottom