• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

I want a RIA 1911 but...

semi22lr

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
23   0
Reaction score
...no night sights on the compact tacticals! Since my vision is failing as I surpass the half century mark, I absolutely cannot see the black on black factory sights. I've done some research on changing the sights but it isn't an easy or straight forward process and to buy them and get someone to switch them out adds another 20+% to the cost. Man I wish they would charge a little more and provide night sights. What to do, what to do....

Last edited:
There are several options for night sights but they will require a gunsmith. I changed sights on one before but staking the front sight without proper tools was a PITA! For what your wanting I would just spend more money up front and get a Kimber Pro carry or something along those lines.

Wow,big difference in $$ between an RIA and Kinber pro carry lol As far as night sights why not get a small laser? at any rate I think the whole night sight thing is over rated. after the first shot you wont be seeing anything but blue dots in the dark anyway

Fingernail polish.Poor mans nite site,even got glow in the dark.Use a toothpick for dots.

What Biker said. My eyes "ain't what they used to be" and I painted my front sight fluorescent orange. Made a WORLD of difference!

RIA compact .45 is my EDC. Love this gun and only paid $399 for it at a gun show.

Just painted the top of the blade, not the sides.

Fingernail polish.Poor mans nite site,even got glow in the dark.Use a toothpick for dots.

I picked up some glow in the dark finger nail polish during halloween just for this. The girlfriend sort of gave me a crazy look when toting around 6 bottles I found in walgreens. But hey it works. I got some bright green nail polish a while back that work good too.

Back
Top Bottom