• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ideas for a budget gaming PC build

gunlover

Default rank <3000 posts
ODT Junkie!
38   0
Reaction score
So I have built a few PC's but its been a bit since I have done it, I want to build budget gaming PC, any idea's on a part list? I am looking to spend $300-$350. I was thinking of getting a used set up and gutting it and putting some new parts in it. just looking for any in put or if you done this what was your part list.

this always helps http://www.logicalincrements.com/. if you can find a cheap used set up with a decent power supply, hard drive and case that will help with some of the cost but thats about it. i'd imagine most cheap used set ups are still gonna be running ddr2 so you'll need a new motherboard, ram, processor, and video card. if you go with an AMD processor and used video card you can probably build something decent.

I don't want to say it, but try craigslist.:doh:
Most folks want what they paid for in parts 3 years ago for the computer now. I have seen a few cheap AMD builds recently though.

What games are you trying to play? What screen resolution? That should determine your budget for CPU and GFX card. If you want eye popping effects on the latest games, you will most likely need intel, and a $150 used GFX card like a 7970 (r280) or gtx 680 or newer. Otherwise, pick up an AMD APU system, PSU, a cheap case, 8gigs RAM, one or two harddrives, and an optional disk drive, and youre sitting just north of $350.

Back
Top Bottom