• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

If Glocks are the best....

handgun out there, why does it seem like every other ad on here is someone getting rid of one? As of this posting, 28 Glocks went up for sale or trade today.
Because they already have 3 other Glocks in their safe and they bought this one for a good deal then bills came due. I've sold Glocks but always kept plenty in the safe at the same time.

I own 2 but have shot many more. I am still convinced that they are one of the easiest pistols to train new shooters on (lack of external controls, consistent trigger pull, reasonably ergonomic grip). They are also dead nuts reliable, have an easily improved trigger (25 cent trigger job and a ghost connector), there's a wealth of aftermarket parts and holsters, and there are no worries about sourcing parts when the SHTF. That being said, once you get really into guns, and really start shooting a lot, the aforementioned attributes lose ground. You find something more ergonomic for you, you find a trigger you shoot better with, you find something sexier looking and flashier, and you are willing to shop around for all the custom parts and holsters you want. So, you try to sell your Glock for MSRP, after putting 1000 rounds through it, so you can buy the threaded barrel for your prima-donna pistol. At the end of the day, if you have to put a pistol in the hands of someone who has never shot before, and only have 10 minutes to train them how to defend you and yours, it's hard to beat a Glock. If you don't think you'll ever be in this position, think you'll be the lone wolf, or can only afford a modest collection, you sell your Glock for a safe full of exotics that only you can shoot well.

Back
Top Bottom