• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Impending Ban!

Mission Operator

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
21   0
Reaction score
I just got a slap on the wrist from a mod saying That popcorn smiles are considered a rude comment... What do you guys think? What's the appropriate use of a popcorn smiley? Do you in any context consider them to be rude? I love um!!! I use them on half my post. Will they be ban? What do you guys think? :pop2: How can this little guy ever be rude???

Politically correct butt-hurtedness...
I wouldn't worry about it. I have to bite my tongue every day not to price comment in at least 5 threads.
I hope there is a suspension of that rule for like ONE day!!!!

IMO

Last edited:
The rule was specifically amended for this sort of stuff by the site owner. Everyone knows what popcorn smileys mean in the classifieds.

Do not make negative comments in other people’s threads. Repeat offenders will be temporarily banned and then permanently banned. It gets really old reminding the same users over and over to keep their comments to themselves. Everyone is allowed to ask whatever price they want for their items and it is their problem if no one wants it for that price. Also, do not hijack people's listings. If the post starter is actively participating in the conversation in their own listing that is fine. If you have activity that is unwanted in your listing please contact a moderator to clean it up for you. (Posting a factual problem with the ad is fine and not considered a negative comment, an example is someone listing a Glock for sale but they have a picture of a Sig) ***This rule has been expanded to include popcorn smilies, sarcastic GLWS comment, etc.

Hey guys
I have to admit that I was totally ignorant of the rules including smilies..
I also admit that I was totally ignorant of what most people consider them to mean in a classified!
I admit that owe mods an apology for my ignorance on the matter!
" sorry fellas"

Hey guys
I have to admit that I was totally ignorant of the rules including smilies..
I also admit that I was totally ignorant of what most people consider them to mean in a classified!
I admit that owe mods an apology for my ignorance on the matter!
" sorry fellas"

Now I got to know what you thought the popcorn smiley meant.

Back
Top Bottom