• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Infidel ?

To some people yes, to others no....a OTF knife with that price tag, to me, no...I could buy a kahr or a lot of ammo instead lol...

this guy thinks so. th.jpg

If you are talking about the Benchmade Infidel, I would say no. With the advancement of knife technology over the past 10-15 years (axis lock, frame locks, thumb studs)
you can get just as fast a presentation with a much stronger lock-up with many unassisted knives. The Infidel is a knife for a collector. If that is what you want it for,
look at some of the Microtechs before you buy. Don't get me wrong, I love Benchmade. I just think that auto knives are yesterday's cool.

I picked up a Schrade Viper to see if I would like an auto OTF knife. I figured 30 bucks was cheap enough to test it out. If and when the Viper breaks I will be replacing it with a Benchmade Infidel. I am really liking the OTF action.

Nope... OTF knives are neat little toys. They are certainly not a tool I'd want in my hand if I needed my knife to double as a weapon (Which means everything has gone horribly wrong). Or any two piece knife (Folder or OTF) for that matter. If you want an Auto that is built like a tank... look into Severtech knives.

If you're looking for a knife that might have to double as a weapon... or a survival tool... get a full tang fixed blade.

I've got one, been at benchmade for 2 months getting repaired. They sent it back and it wasn't fixed. It's cool, wouldn't trust my life to it. Any otf is more for the cool factor. All can get mucked up and fail. But... If you are wanting one to play with buy it. It's cool for sure. Yea it's pricey, get a used one. I've spent more money on dumber things.

Back
Top Bottom