• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Info

I've loaded 20 + calibers but not this one.
According to Hodgdon reloading center it doesn't use too much variety.
2 bullet weights and 4 powders .

I have a 375Winchester. I normally load it with 38-55 data. Anyway, powders for the 45-70 normally work well. Fast rifle powders: AA1680, AA2015, Reloader #7, H322. Reloader#7 is the most popular powder for accuracy as velocities vary.

The guys at probably have data for your rifle:

I use RCBS and Lee dies. The Lee Factory Crimp Die works well with cast bullets, but if you like to crimp excessively the brass will prematurely split at the case mouth. I believe the RCBS has a roll crimp ring built into the seating die-It works well.

You will not need to Full Length size you brass for the Number 1, but you will probably use a Full Length die left adjusted to no quite go full length.

A typical “got ya” is trying to seat pointed bullets at too short a COL, as the bullet will not have any neck tension if seated too deeply in the tapered case.

For the very 1st load, full length size the brass (if fired in another gun). For subsequent loads, back out your sizing die so the case you case just easily chambers and make sure the neck is sized enough to get purchase on the bullet. This will minimize working the brass and reduce split necks. Also, if you are using cast, it will keep from having a bulge where the boolit seats in the brass because the sizing die way undersized the neck. I have been using H4198 in my Marlin 93, but RL7 is also a good option. Being yours is a Ruger#1, you can likely fire 375 Winchester in it, but do your own research before doing so.

Rosewood

Back
Top Bottom