Input?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stuckon22

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Look a Man Straight in His Hairy Eyeball!
238   0
Reaction score
I came across another mil surp rifle that I am trying to identify and may purchase. It is an australian Lithgow Enfield, looks completely original in every aspect, dark bore but strong rifling, bolt is a little sticky. The finish on the stock is very dark and looks like it has never been tampered with, bluing is fair. I am waiting on info on the serials and year, owner says they all match. Looked at it in person but did not know where to look on these for distinctive markings. Values across the board from 350-500. I am somewhat familiar with the mausers and mosins but the .303's are foreign to me. Thanks in advance for any input and/or links.

I'm fairly new to actually paying attention to enfields myself.....but I would say, being a Australian and considering how many of them were destroyed in Australia after their law changed I'd say go for it if possible

image.jpg

I'm fairly new to actually paying attention to enfields myself.....but I would say, being a Australian and considering how many of them were destroyed in Australia after their law changed I'd say go for it if possible

View attachment 256525

Wow, did not know that, thanks. I am sitting by the phone waiting on this guy to call me with the manuf. date, serials and markings. I did not have my glasses on when I looked and cannot remember what I saw. May go back tonight with my magnifying glass if I do not hear from him....lol

I'm not sure roughly how many Aussies are over here but since a lot were destroyed, I'm assuming it's very doubtful many more will make it over here. All of my Enfields are either US, British or Canadian.....hopefully one of these days I'll pick up a Australian myself.

I'm kind of kicking myself now because last week I had the choice between a Aussie Enfield and a Finnish Sako M39 and I went the Finn route because of the stock.

Good luck though....I hope it's what you're looking for!

I'm not sure roughly how many Aussies are over here but since a lot were destroyed, I'm assuming it's very doubtful many more will make it over here. All of my Enfields are either US, British or Canadian.....hopefully one of these days I'll pick up a Australian myself.

I'm kind of kicking myself now because last week I had the choice between a Aussie Enfield and a Finnish Sako M39 and I went the Finn route because of the stock.

Good luck though....I hope it's what you're looking for!

If I do not get it, I will certainly give you its location.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom