• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Interference Motors ?

Had a friend with the same problem on his neon. The belt broke and everyone said it was toast and it was ready to go to the scrap yard. We re-timed it and stuck a new belt on it and she still runs good. Pull the value cover and check the stems, if they all look ok then do a leak test and compression test. It ain't necessarily over.

Will proably get the valve cover off this weekend and see what she looks like. Might put it back together, then again this will be fire on my ass to get a truck finished that I'm currently working on! Fun times!

IT IS AN INTERFERENCE ENGINE BUT THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW FOR SURE IS REPLACE THE BELT AND SEE WHATS HAPPENS. I'VE HAD THEM DID NO DAMAGE AND I'VE HAD THEM THAT TOOK THE ENGINE OUT. IF YOU ARE ABLE TO DO IT YOURSELF ,YOUR OUT THE COST OF THE BELT

Have 1990 turbo volvo,belt broke once, tensioner went second time, luckily at low speeds and no damage, could have been bad

Question for engine mechanics. Got a 00 Dodge Neon. Today from a stop, I went to make a turn and the motor shut off. Would not restart, timing belt is toast. I have read that valves are likely bent. Is there easy way to check, or is taking off the intake manifold the only option short of pulling the head?
why bother with it i would cost more than the car is worth ..200/300 scrap metal(car named after a fish with a short life span) got an 87 Yugo for sale! better yet lets run it over with a monster truck...videoIT

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom