is anybody into gold prospecting

goldpan.jpg
2013 gold

I took my son panning just for fun. There is a creek near my home. Any tips on where in the creek I should look? Or how deep to dig? Any tips at all would be helpful. All I got was black sand...it was magnetic so I think I am panning pretty good.

I took my son panning just for fun. There is a creek near my home. Any tips on where in the creek I should look? Or how deep to dig? Any tips at all would be helpful. All I got was black sand...it was magnetic so I think I am panning pretty good.
Where ever the creek slows down or drops when heavy rains are moving the gold down the creek, the inside bends in the creek and always try to get to bed rock. Where in a general area in Cumming where you at?

Thanks for the tips. I was on a finger of Dave's Creek west of the rock quarry. I enjoy panning (its kinda relaxing) even though I dont find anything and my son loves to splash around.

found this:

It shows the area in forsyth county below the lake a little different than your google map...so I am gonna try again! Going for bed rock this time. :)

GeorgiaGoldBeltsmap.jpg

Last edited:
I would really like to do this with the kids. There's just this magic allure to it, but I'm sure it's a lot of work for a rare small return.

They do sell the little green pans at Hobbytown/Barrett Parkway.

Just don't know where to go! If you found a creek out there in the bands, then how do you know if it's public/private land, etc.

Back
Top Bottom