• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is anyone actually buying these Glocks?

One ODT member who I won't call out had a G19 for sale at $650.00 when I had one for sale at $550.00. He pm'ed me with an offer of $500.00 for my G19.

My guess is that he was going to buy mine at $500.00 then sell it to some pour sap for $650.00.

The first few items I sold here I sold cheap thinking I was helping out fellow shooters. I then saw those items relisted at a higher price. One is currently a mod but wasn't then. We were working on a trade and when I was about to say thanks but I'll pass I think he knew it was coming and threw it out there that my pistol was going to be for his wife. Based on that I did the trade even though I was getting the short end of the stick. It wasn't even 2 hours after we traded when the pistol was listed for sale for about $200.00 more than the trade was worth.

I no longer sell stuff on the low low to help people out because all they do is help themselves to make a profit. I will and do still help out people not on this sight that I know are having a hard time getting what they need.

Wow, now that is some shady stuff.

I don't understand it either. I've seen plenty of brand new $525 Glocks in local shops lately. Are the people paying $600+ just criminals who can't pass an NICS check or something?

What about saying "plus 3 mags" does that mean there are 6 total mags? If not I'm not paying that kind money.

Still not worth it.. there millions of Glocks out there...

Basic USED Glock plus 2 mags, 450
Additional Mag 30 (being nice given how stupid people are)
Extended mag release, extended slid stop... NOTHING.... GLOCK will give you those for FREE
Brand new Night Sights... 65
DIM Night Sights ... NOTHING
3.5lb connector or Glock + connector, 20
Additional match barrel... 75 MAYBE or less (not an additional 150 bucks)
Serpa or other cheap holster ... NOTHING
Nice Leather holster, etc... depends. I have never bought a gun without buying a holster... like most people I know what I like and don't give a damn if you throw in your fobus holster.

OD or FDE, add 50 bucks... more than that and you have moved beyond what they cost new. It's just a plastic color dudes.

Keep in mind that most people want the gun and don't give a crap about the extra internal stuff. If you want to make the most money, sell the gun as stock and sell the other stuff separately for people that are looking for those specific items.

So, I have a gen3 Black G17 with 4 mags, 3.5lb connector, extended mag release, slide stop. IF I selling it, I would sell it for 500 bucks.

Now, this is my OPINION so don't flame me but that is the guideline I use. I have never paid more than 550 for a used Glock (and it was a G34).

If you are gonna die without getting a Glock, I recommend you join the GSSF for two years, get your cert, go to Smyrna Police Dist and see how much you pay for a new blue box Glock (3 mags for all except subcompacts, I believe).... guess what, FAR less than 700 bucks.

Jus Sayin ;)

Oh, and here is great example of what a Glock should cost (for you newbies... heh).

http://www.theoutdoorstrader.com/th...ghost-trigger-high-caps?p=1742884#post1742884

Rock on Fullman

Last edited:
I'm certainly not buying any $700 glocks. Ill be on the look out for a new Glock soon and I'm not going to be buying from the ODT because of the outrageous prices. I'm going dealer on this one.

i just bought a brand new g23 from a dealer for $499 and could have got one at a different place for $474 but he would have to order it , and would take about a week to get it in .i love glocks but im not paying over $500 for a new one or $425 for a used one just my .02

I'm set....have been for some time....only the unprepared, panic stricken, and FOOLS pay that much for the Glocks that I love so dearly....even still....I bought a brand new Gen4 G34 with a TOTAL of 3 mags the other day out the door for less than $585!

rest your head though, you won't see it on the ODT for $700 +.....this one stays with ME!

Back
Top Bottom