is it possibel to free float a saiga .308 barrelI

jastricker

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
192   0
Reaction score
Is it possible to truly free float a barrel of a saiga .308. Due to the trunnion barrel connection and the gas block issue can it truly be done. I know you can change the handguard so it floats from that, but how would you get around the gas block/piston issue and the trunnion issue. Does any have any suggestions on how this can be done. I really would like to get a .308 saiga but I want a reliable and accurate tactical .308, and I figured that if the barrel could be free floated then that would hopefully greatly increase the accuracy of the gun as it is already reliable. Thanks for the input

Its never been done before. You still need the gas block and gastube. A stiffer receiver might give increased accuracy. There are many variables that will affect accuracy such as the type of scope mount on the side rail and how secure it is.

Its about as accurate out of the box as its going to get. Unless your an expert marksman i suggest training and practice, become proficient with it and accuracy will increase accordingly.

Too many people skip that part because its time consuming and expensive

Don't let people tell you an AK is not accurate. I have the 18" model and you would not want to poke your head out at 150 yards and be shot at with this rifle. You are invited to come and shoot it if you like.

Back
Top Bottom