• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Micro muzzle breaks on a AR/ LR 308

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
I was thinking of getting a shorter two port muzzle break just to keep the over all length down. I have used the shorter V6 Gamma 300 black out brakes in my 6.8spcll's with excellent results. However, I am not sure of using a shorter brake in a 308. Has anybody used a shirt or Micro brake in. 308? The brake I have mind is the SLR Rifleworks Synergy micro brake. It's a little over 1.5 inches long.

I just bought a two port muzzle brake on eBay for 39 bucks. I drilled two holes in the top just to give each port a little help since there is only two ports. It's only 1.5 inches long and I though it might not do as good as a three port. Fortunately it shoots softer with this mini brake. Everything is set up the same on both AR-10 except for 1 is a 18 inch and this one is a 16 inch barrel. Both have a mid length gas system, both have a Superlative Arms adj gas bleed of block. Only difference other than. That is the muzzle brake. The 18 inch has a 3 port brake and top ports as well. I was thinking of a SLR Rifleworks Synergy mini Comp. but it's 95 bucks and I can't imagine a 308 shooting any softer. I also like the fact it's only an inch and a half long so it keeps the overall length down a good bit. Almost half in most cases for 308.

IMG_20240428_071116343.jpg

The idea was to keep overall length and weight down. I like that brake if I was going with a heavy range set up but since I built this 16 inch gun ( my other is 18 inches ) the smaller unit works in my favor. This gun shoots so soft it almost makes you question if it's a .308 or not. It actually has less recoil than the 18 inch gun with a 3 side port and round top ports I drilled in. I might have to switch over. Actually both are very easy but this build is lighter and has less recoil. It has me stumped and that's using the same ammo. 🤔

Back
Top Bottom