• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Is the new Executive Order an off limits topic?

Obama's royal decree is to also add another 200+ ATF agents to investigate and prosecute this stuff.

I am pretty sure that a lot of them will be sitting in front of computer screens, looking for these types of forums, and data mining for "violations"...

Also consider that if they decide to make an example of someone who trades or sells 5 guns per month, claiming that they are a "dealer", there might also be IRS hassles to deal with in association with that... I mean, if you are deemed to be "running a business", then you need to be filing tax forms for that business, no?

The wording is vague enough that this could open all sorts of cans of worms...

If Congress does not add the money for 200 more agents, he can't even do this. I have no faith in Congress, but they do still control the purse strings.

Without getting into the topic itself, is this something that we are not allowed to discuss here?

It's probably the most important law that impacts this forum, and I don't really see much on it, and the few that I did see, appear to have been taken down?

Or am I missing something? Is there a section that they get moved to, that I am not able to see?

I haven't seen anything saying that we cannot discuss it, so I am just sorta curious...

Got the following this evening: http://news.armscor.com/gun-rights-...34zchYF-eEdxk8zOvuVVjkd6FTHi2w&_hsmi=25046404

While we are all running around and getting hysterical, and burying guns and ammo in the backyard, the reality of the situation is that every law enforcement agency, especially the feds, is already balls to wall.

I actually have a friend that works for the Secret Service. They just raised their threshold for counterfeiting to $75,000. In other words, if your are printing less than that on your ink jet it's a local matter. IRS doesn't bring criminal prosecutions for less than $100,000.00. And then they have to get permission from the local U.S. Attorney to begin a criminal investigation.

My secret service buddy tells me that it's just ridiculous how many "masterminds" are sitting in their mama's basement, printing bad copies of $20 dollar bills. They (the Secret Service) can't begin to run them all down. If they stumble on one, they take the printer, all the bogus money, and try to scare the bejus out of the perp. They just don't have time.

And then the case has to go in front of a federal judge who has a two year backlog from drug cases. He really doesn't care how many guns Bubba was selling at the flea market, as long as it wasn't to felons, and they didn't end up killing someone in New York City. The judge probably has at least a year long docket of seriously bad people who have done seriously bad things on a large scale.

The problem with the current law (as far as BATF is concerned) is that a person must be operated their guns sales as a "business" and there is no accepted definition of what that is. If is for a profit, does that mean on each gun, or all 100 guns that he sold in the last year. If Bubba takes his "profits" and buys more and better guns, then his "business" is not being operated at a profit. Plus very few Bubbas keep the kind of records that anybody can determine if their "business" is being operated at a profit.

I mean, it's a lot of fun to talk about Obummer hijacking the Constitution (and he would if he could, he being so much smarter than all of us and all), but at the end of the day, it's going to be pretty much business (or "non-business") as usual.

While we are all running around and getting hysterical, and burying guns and ammo in the backyard, the reality of the situation is that every law enforcement agency, especially the feds, is already balls to wall.

I actually have a friend that works for the Secret Service. They just raised their threshold for counterfeiting to $75,000. In other words, if your are printing less than that on your ink jet it's a local matter. IRS doesn't bring criminal prosecutions for less than $100,000.00. And then they have to get permission from the local U.S. Attorney to begin a criminal investigation.

My secret service buddy tells me that it's just ridiculous how many "masterminds" are sitting in their mama's basement, printing bad copies of $20 dollar bills. They (the Secret Service) can't begin to run them all down. If they stumble on one, they take the printer, all the bogus money, and try to scare the bejus out of the perp. They just don't have time.

And then the case has to go in front of a federal judge who has a two year backlog from drug cases. He really doesn't care how many guns Bubba was selling at the flea market, as long as it wasn't to felons, and they didn't end up killing someone in New York City. The judge probably has at least a year long docket of seriously bad people who have done seriously bad things on a large scale.

The problem with the current law (as far as BATF is concerned) is that a person must be operated their guns sales as a "business" and there is no accepted definition of what that is. If is for a profit, does that mean on each gun, or all 100 guns that he sold in the last year. If Bubba takes his "profits" and buys more and better guns, then his "business" is not being operated at a profit. Plus very few Bubbas keep the kind of records that anybody can determine if their "business" is being operated at a profit.

I mean, it's a lot of fun to talk about Obummer hijacking the Constitution (and he would if he could, he being so much smarter than all of us and all), but at the end of the day, it's going to be pretty much business (or "non-business") as usual.

Aw, c'mon man! If you're going to start interjecting things like "reality", you'll rain on the whole parade!

I think that the valid concern here, is that it was his first day back at work, and it is just the first step for his last year in Office. He has nothing to lose, and these EO won't be the only thing that he does this year...

Back
Top Bottom