• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Is the new Executive Order an off limits topic?

These are not true statements.

Really? I guess you didn't read who I spoke to yesterday. Ok, be my guest an push a little hard. You will be dragged into federal court and good lawyers are expensive even if you have a solid case.

Nope, that's what I see. I have seen people that are buy and sell way too many guns not to be a "business" as defined by law.
I don't like the law and think it's should be struck down as in consitutional, but it is law.
All he really did was tell the ATF to enforce the law as written.

This.

You would have to have your head completely in the sand to deny that there are lots of folks pushing (to the point of breaking) the limits. Only reason BATF doesn't do more prosecutions right now is lack of manpower. Obummer is not addressing that issue at all.

I still predict that BATF will stage a few show trials in safe jurisdictions just to scare the rest of us folks. That the basic SOP for IRS. Not exactly a new idea.

Last edited:
Obama's royal decree is to also add another 200+ ATF agents to investigate and prosecute this stuff.

I am pretty sure that a lot of them will be sitting in front of computer screens, looking for these types of forums, and data mining for "violations"...

Also consider that if they decide to make an example of someone who trades or sells 5 guns per month, claiming that they are a "dealer", there might also be IRS hassles to deal with in association with that... I mean, if you are deemed to be "running a business", then you need to be filing tax forms for that business, no?

The wording is vague enough that this could open all sorts of cans of worms...

Obama's royal decree is to also add another 200+ ATF agents to investigate and prosecute this stuff.

I am pretty sure that a lot of them will be sitting in front of computer screens, looking for these types of forums, and data mining for "violations"...

Also consider that if they decide to make an example of someone who trades or sells 5 guns per month, claiming that they are a "dealer", there might also be IRS hassles to deal with in association with that... I mean, if you are deemed to be "running a business", then you need to be filing tax forms for that business, no?

The wording is vague enough that this could open all sorts of cans of worms...
It would be up to the individual to show that he didn't not earn any money.
One of the reasons I rarely sell for cash. I prefer to trade!

In America, yes. Under this regime... your mileage may vary...

It's even possible to make a profit so long as your intent is to improve your collection. It's all about 'intent', which is subjective I suppose.

Capture.PNG

Last edited:
Obama has slipped up a couple of times and referred to Australia.

It is very apparent that the left is on a 25 to 50 yr plan to put USA in position that Australia is in now. The first baby steps toward this are anything the Feds can do to begin to build a national registry of who owns what, especially relating to "assault" weapons .
They are smart, they are patient and they have a long term view.

They already have us in the pot of water... They just need to keep us distracted while they slowly turn up the heat.

Background checks are just a false flag to distract everyone... THE REAL OBJECTIVE IS A NATIONAL REGISTRY. That's why things like the ODT and gun shows make the Feds gnash their teeth - how can they keep track of who has what if there are no records?

We were told for so long that the forms we filled out at the LGS were not even sent in to the ATF but kept by LGS.

Bull****.

Those forms have been building a national gun registry and THAT'S why the Feds are so eager to make any private gun transfers (including gifts) illegal. It screws up their database.

I don't know about a national registry right now, but the gist of what you say is right on, I think. For the extreme anti-2A people, confiscation is what they want. That's not what most of America wants right now, so most pro-2A people are fine with 100% background checks. Background checks are just the start of the slippery slope to confiscation. Confiscation is impossible without registration. Registration is impossible without recorded transfers. Whether the records are kept now or not, background checks are the vehicle by which they could be recorded.

The slope is real. England had a right to bear arms.
http://www.guncite.com/journals/okslip.html
"The Recorder of London, the equivalent of a modern-day city's general counsel, gave this opinion in 1780: The right of his majesty's Protestant subjects, to have arms for their own defense, and to use them for lawful purposes, is most clear and undeniable..."

Maybe it will be 100 years or more before a confiscation happens. It won't happen to nearly the same extent if undocumented transfers remain legal.

Last edited:
This is all just one more step. Within a year or two we'll be hearing about how these measures aren't working and we need a registry to give it teeth.

Back
Top Bottom