Is the Ruger 22/45 Lite as accurate as the MKII or MKIII Bull Barrel models?

Link12

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
408   0
Reaction score
Just wandering if the $200 price difference is worth it. I would think that the MKIII 5.5in barrel would be way more accurate and its cheaper. Any comments?

While the two may shoot the same from a solid rest, the balance on the 5.5" gun should be real nice and lend itself to accuracy. However if you are a 10 year old girl the lighter gun will fatigue you less and you will be probably more accurate with a lighter pistol, just a thought about both guns.

The lite is also threaded is it not? So add that.

NO!!! I have most, and have had, about every type of Ruger MK series ever made. The absolute best one ever made (my opinion) is the Ruger MK I heavy barrel target model. The 22/45s I have had (never had a lite) were just cheese compared to the old school MKs. My opinion, but it is educated.

pix916329242.jpg
What is this model?

I have a 22/45 Lite and its an extremely accurate gun. Its a great training gun to teach someone to shoot on. I don't notice a significance accuracy difference between my Mark III. I bought it as a suppressor host, but either way its a fun little gun.

That's a Mark II 22/45. The 22/45 is a 1911 training model. Notice how the grip angle and dimensions match a 1911. It's a Mark II as Mark III models have removable grip panels - also like a 1911.

Which do you think is the most desirable of the "Mark 22's"?

Back
Top Bottom