• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

is this illegal ?

I was down in Tybee last weekend and there was this guy with a couple of 300# tortoises on the side of the road. He was letting little kids ride them.

I almost bought an American Alligator to keep as a pet. Got it ok'd through the wife as well, but DNR would have a field day had the pics of Steve (for Steve Irwin, yes I already named it) showed up on FaceBook.

$89.99 plus shipping, and they will ship to GA, no questions asked. http://www.backwaterreptiles.com/alligators/alligator-for-sale.html
No questions asked?
Salesman: What do you have planned for this gator?
Buyer: Something illegal, immoral, and ill-advised. Why?

No questions asked?
Salesman: What do you have planned for this gator?
Buyer: Something illegal, immoral, and ill-advised. Why?

Well, according to the site, they'll ship to Ga and don't need anything else except an address. The legality of owning one is up to the buyer, not the seller. I had plans I tell ya, big plans, but then the fines kicked in. Something around $10k if I remember correctly for owning an exotic animal without a permit.

looks like one of those realistic concrete zoo prop statue things to me....probably right outside the reptile house at some zoo. Or it could be taxidermy. I just don't see anyone putting a little girl in that much danger for a photo. Even with it's mouth tied shut, a gator that size could do some massive bone breaking with one swipe of the tail.

looks like one of those realistic concrete zoo prop statue things to me....probably right outside the reptile house at some zoo. Or it could be taxidermy. I just don't see anyone putting a little girl in that much danger for a photo. Even with it's mouth tied shut, a gator that size could do some massive bone breaking with one swipe of the tail.

Last edited by a moderator:
so much for depending on any amount of common sense ever...I still think the black and white photo is a girl on a statue.

Back
Top Bottom