• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition Reduced to $1K

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kdog

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
16   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: FS 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition Reduced to $1K

Zip Code: 30087

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1000

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Bill of Sale Info: Typical for auto sales

Item Description: 2005 Eddie Bauer Expedition 5.4 2WD with every option (including 4 wheel steering) except mid row buckets . Selling whole as a parts or repair vehicle. Purchased new, oil changed every +/- 5K miles, tires are in great condition, 294K miles. Air/heat/everything works like it should including keys, key fobs, PW, PL, etc… and everything is intact. The transmission was replaced by AAMCO 7/12/2019. It has the typical seat wear these have from a vehicle this age. It has a timing issue with the following primary codes (P0012 - bank 1 over retarded, P0021 - bank 2 over advanced) as well as some occasional misfire codes. I replaced the sparkplugs, a couple of the coil packs and the bank one VVT with no change. It was later diagnosed as a bad bank 1 cam phaser, but they recommended a full timing kit due to the mileage. I changed the bank 1 cam phaser which did not change anything so I am sure it needs the full kit. It is driveable (I drove it to lunch every day for the last 4 weeks), but it does not do well in start/stop traffic. Does OK at HWY speeds as I have driven to the office several times (70 miles round trip), but I would recommend towing. $1K

Pictures:
IMG_0579.jpg
IMG_0580.jpg
IMG_0581.jpg
IMG_0582.jpg

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Fyi for whomever buys this. Use motorcraft timing components. Do not go after market unless you want to do it twice. Good deal for someone.

Fyi for whomever buys this. Use motorcraft timing components. Do not go after market unless you want to do it twice. Good deal for someone.
Exactly! I purchased the VVT/seals from a local Ford dealer, but purchased the cam phaser from a Ford dealer out of TX off of Amazon for half what the local dealer wanted. They also sell the full kit, I am just not going to get that deep into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom