• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS 300 blackout AR pistol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgun Surgery

Default rank <4000 posts
ODT Junkie!
61   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS 300 blackout AR pistol

Zip Code: 30117-8869

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 1000

Caliber: 300 AAC blackout

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: This is kind of a shot in the dark because I'd probably have an easier time tearing this thing apart and selling the components separately, but I figured there's no harm in seeing if someone would be willing to buy it whole at a discount.

I'm selling a 300 blackout AR pistol made with some top-notch parts. I was using it as my home defense firearm, but as I'm planning to switch to an MP5, I figured there was no reason to let this sit and collect dust. So, let's go over the components.

1: I'll start off with one of the more prominent features of the rifle, and that's the Law Tactical folding stock adapter. It works exactly as you think it would; the stock can fold for compact storage, but when you need to use it you just flip the stock and it automatically locks closed and ready for use. It's made entirely from steel and is therefore not something that would ever break from use. It works 100% flawlessly. If you have a large backpack then this AR will fit inside. Note that it can fire from the folded position, but obviously the gun will not cycle; at that point you'd have to unfold the stock and manually charge the weapon. It's a super neat accessory I'd recommend to anyone with an AR pistol.

2: At the heart of the AR is an Aero Precision upper and lower receiver. The lower receiver is Aero's M4E1 lower that has a few neat features. Although it looks like a billeted lower, it is actually forged and is therefore stronger than an actual billeted receiver. The upper receiver is Aero Precision slick-slide upper which is milspec in every way except the forward-assist is completely omitted. I figure it's better to save the two or however many ounces of weight by not having one.

3: The lower has an Elftmann drop in single-stage trigger which is a considerable upgrade from your typical mil-spec trigger. It's light, crisp, has a short return, and has little if any take-up.

4: The AR features an SBA3 arm-brace which is widely considered to be the best on the market. It also has the aftermarket "split fix" which makes the rear of the brace considerably more stiff (for the off chance it happens to touch your shoulder).

5: It has a Magpul k2 style grip. Great for smaller ARs like this one.

6: The YHM barrel is 9" long, has a 1/7 twist rate, and features a Melonite finish. The 1/7 twist rate is great for supersonic rounds, but it is especially good for the heavier subsonic rounds used in suppressed shooting. The slower 1/8 and 1/9 twist rates have sometimes been reported to be too slow to stabilize many 220 and 240 grain projectiles; the 1/7 twist rate has no such issues. 9" is a good compromise between getting good ballistics out of the .300 blackout (comparable levels of energy as 5.56 NATO from an M4 rifle) while also being short and handy.

7: The barrel is currently sporting an A2 style flash suppressor, but a 30 caliber compensator is included.

8: The rail is an SLR ion ultra-lite rale which has plenty of M-LOK slots for accessories you'd want to mount. This rail is SUPER lightweight and very high quality.

9: Take note of the Ariska finger stop which is also included; it's an especially lightweight way to gain better leverage for shooting the gun.

10: The Toolcraft bolt carrier group is NiB coated for ease of cleaning and more reliable function when lightly lubricated or not running any lubrication at all.

11: The AR features a BCM Gunfighter ambidextrous charging handle.

12: Adjustable low-profile gas block.

I kept good records of how much I spent for each component. In total, all of these parts cost me about $1,300 dollars, and that was long before the crazy panic-buying of 2020 which has hiked the prices of everything a lot higher. I figure that because the gun is lightly used, $300 off the cost of all the parts seems like a fair discount.

IMPORTANT NOTE: If you're interested in just the lower or just the upper then feel free to send me a private message. Priority will go to anyone interested in buying the whole firearm, but if no one bites then I don't mind selling one half or the other.

Pictures:
300-bo-pistol-1-jpg.2701548

300-bo-pistol-3-jpg.2701549

300-bo-pistol-folded-2-jpg.2701550

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom