Item Gone! FS ((( FREE ))) PET Pot Belly Pig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never thought to have a pet pig but I totally wouldn't be against it. I hope you find a good home for her. GL!

Sorry guys for the late replies. I do the Santa thing for several animal charities and its been really busy.

We are moving to Jensen Beach Florida due to job transfers and the Cottage were in for the next year refused to let us have her.

It really kills us for sure. She is very, very smart and loves attention. She is litter trained in the house and will not make any messes unless you lock her in a room where she cant get out or to the litter box.

She will run around and keep you laughing your ass off with her personality, she is literally like a 5 year old kid.

She eats a 50# bag of Sow and Pig feed a month so she's low cost to feed. She will do tricks for Cheerios.

We got her as a rescue from a friend that found her and bottle fed her from 5 weeks old. She's had all her shots and health checks needed, we spent over 500.00 making sure she would be healthy because we never intended to get rid of her.

Thanks for the questions and concern guys, its really hard on us to have to let her go.

Joe

This is a small article from a Pig Breeding site about Dogs and Pigs.

Potbelly pigs and dogs are not a good combination.

Pigs are prey to dogs, which are predators. If you get a pet pig and have a dog, NEVER leave them alone together. We have heard way to many stories about pigs being attacked by the family dog and being severely injured, or killed. Many times these are animals that have lived together for years. Normally it will be the pig that starts the problem by going after the dogs food, toys, etc.

http://www.pigs4ever.com/pot_belly_pig_information/

I could hear my dog saying to the pig "Looka here pig, I will put up with you but don't touch my bones, my food and you aint getting no love from my human."

Thanks to everyone for all the interest and Private Messages trying to help.

Because of time running out on having to move, we ended up donating her to a petting zoo in West Ga. near the college.

They promised she will be taken good care of.

Was one of the hardest things we've ever had to do, it literally feels like losing one of your kids.

Merry Christmas and best wishes to all for a great New Year.

Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom