• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS/FT Intro to Hunting Special PKG - Savage Axis .308+Deer Stand+Hunting knife+ MORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RdKill

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
97   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT Intro to Hunting Special PKG - Savage Axis .308+Deer Stand+Hunting knife+ MORE!

Zip Code: 30513

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: $450
Trade Value or Items Looking For: AK, Glock in .40 or .45ACP only, Mini 30, Smith Revolver in .357 mag only, Golani Sporter with factory furniture (pending inspection for excessive mag wobble and other inherent defects)

Caliber: .308

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: A couple of years ago, I got it in my head I was going to start deer hunting again. So, I bought a new stand and some other items. Personally I do not like the taste of venison. So I stopped hunting in the late 80s. Many years later, I found myself dating a girl who loves it, so I geared up to fill her freezer. About a month later, some life changing events started to unfold rather rapidly. I was diagnosed with kidney cancer, rushed into surgery a few short weeks later and came out the other side cancer free but crippled for life. And a year later, no more girlfriend...So no need for the meat. And no way to use most of this stuff even if I did.

So today, I'm offering up this little hunter package that should be a really nice head start for someone interested in starting hunting. I hope this goes to an enthusiastic young ...or old person (I guess it doesn't matter) who is just beginning.

Included:

• Used very gently Savage Axis Bolt Action rifle with detachable magazine in .308
  • Bushnell 3-9x40 scope zeroed at 100 yards 3/4" above center POA Should be dead on at 50yards and 200 yards and maybe an inch low at 300) You may need to micro adjust to whatever ammo you select. I sighted it in with surplus 7.62 NATO ammo and put nickel size groups right in the top of a 1 inch circle at 100 yards. I don't use cheap scope mounts. I forget who makes them, but they are nice mounts..the kind you have to use a hex key...none of those crappy twist knobs that stick out, snag and work loose.
  • Allen brand Ammo stock sock
  • The Claw- By far, the most comfortable rifle sling made. It grips and doesn't slip. I LOVE these slings!
  • Brand new - never unboxed 16 foot ladder stand. Includes camo new improved padded seat and arm rests and safety harness
  • MY old hunting knife I used in the 80s. It was made in Japan by "Sharp". It is scuffed up and has been sharpened a couple of times. It holds an edge very well and easily just shaved a large patch of hair off my arm. I lost the sheath many years ago...so I thought I would try my hand at sheath making. I've made a few since but this is my first ever attempt...note the stitching got a little crooked in one spot...Still, I'm pretty proud of the effort. It's made from genu-wine cow hide leather, cut, shaped, fitted and hand stitched by me one night when I was really really bored.
  • Brand New mesh hunting vest. You will appreciate this on days that aren't as cool as others. It breathes!
  • Las but not least...Some good ol deer pee. DO NOT spill this in your car!!! It comes with a really cool drip system. Can't find a fresh scrape in your designated hunting spot? Pshh Walk out a little ways 50-100 yards from your stand with a good shooting angle and line of sight and scuff up a bare spot next to an old acorn laden oak tree (if possible) hang the dripper over your fake scrape and hurry back to your stand (SAFELY) because the bucks are coming! I guess..I never got a chance to try it.
Must pick up in Blue Ridge. You may even have to meet me in town and follow me home. As stated before, I'm a crippled old coot. I'm not sure if I can get the stand on my truck. My house is difficult to find and impossible with many GPS systems for some reason.

I really hope this little package helps someone. Anyway, the price is right. Merry Christmas, guys and gals!...Oh...almost forgot the photos...Bigass Bell not included..Family heirloom

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom