• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS/FT SEXIEST 1911 IVE EVER OWNED Ed Brown kobra!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToyotaDude22

Default rank <2000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
195   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT SEXIEST 1911 IVE EVER OWNED Ed Brown kobra!

Zip Code: 30062

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: 2000
Trade Value or Items Looking For: Partial trade plus cash!

Caliber: .45 babyyy

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: I love this gun and have no problem keeping it. That said, I could use some cash at the moment so I figured I would post it.

Very very clean and low round count Ed Brown Kobra. This gun is without doubt the finest shooting pistol I've ever laid my hands on (and ive had some nice guns). It has an Ed Brown ambi safety and a 10-8 rear sight which were both installed by a gunsmith and I have the original night sights and safety for it. It comes with the bag and docs it had from the factory and a couple of magazines.

I also have a nearly new Milt Sparks vm2 holster I'm cordovan.

The gun does have a couple of very small scratches. I can send close up pics to interested parties. They are very small and you will likely notice them.

Pictures:
img_20151021_205011-jpg.578105

img_20151021_205036-jpg.578106

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I wouldn't know, I don't drink. But I'm sure the Ed Brown is a well assembled gun with quality parts, just strikes me as odd how just about 99% of the 1911 clones look similar. Namely this one looks like a Springfield. Looking at a wine bottle and saying it looks great is different than saying it tastes great. Just about every bottle of wine looks the same. But I never questioned the contents of what's inside...

Not knocking your gun or anything. Just my opinion on aesthetics.

Obviously never fondled/shot one.

Kind of like saying the standard Springer 1911-A1 Mil-Spec is pretty much the same as a TRP, except for the shape of the hammer and trigger, right?

Last edited:
I will certainly have to take some better pictures this evening. It really is a pretty gun!
That would help. I mean, you can make an argument the EB makes the BEST 1911s. If not the best, than def top 3. Take close up pics of the front strap checkering, bbl bushing, slide serrations, etc. Show it off. But anyone who knows 1911s knows what this is and what it's worth.

That was my thought as well! If someone is going to pay good money for a gun like this, they probably already know the kind of attention to detail they are made with. Nonetheless, better pictures never hurt lol

The difference is in the feel and handcrafted smoothness of these guns. If you have shot a mass produced 1911s then just try one of these and feel the difference and feel how much better you can shoot one. Kind of like going from a chevy Vega to a Cadillac. Love the Browns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom