• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS/FT WW I Army 1917 .45 S&W Revolver

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boudreaux

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
10   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS/FT WW I Army 1917 .45 S&W Revolver

Zip Code: 30092

Item is for: Sale or Trade
Sale Price: ~$1100
Trade Value or Items Looking For: ~$1200

Caliber: .45

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: WW I US Army issued S&W .45 revolver with 1/2 moon clips and US stamped leather holster. This has been sitting in my safe since I acquired it, so time to let someone else appreciate it. Looks to have original finish on metal and wood. My gun guru has put it at 90 - 91%.

For trade or sale, will consider multiple items to meet value of trade if necessary. ITEMS THAT I HAVE NO INTERESTED IN SO PLEASE DO NOT OFFER:
ARs
SKS
Bows
Crossbows
Muzzleloaders

What would pique my interest first:
> 25-06
> BLR
> Lever gun in .44
> Citori 20 qa
> Double barrel shotguns
> A5 Wicked wings style shotgun

"This was a sidearm born of necessity. The U.S. needed to fill a shortage of handguns as involvement in the First World War loomed. Thus it made perfect sense for Smith & Wesson to tool up for a .45 ACP revolver — one that could use ammo already being produced for the new 1911s interchangeably.

“Smith & Wesson’s Model 1917 revolver can perhaps best be described as an expedient that actually worked,” wrote Tom Osborne in Smith & Wessons of the Great War, from Gun Digest 2011. “Procuring revolvers to supplement the semiauto pistols seemed a reasonable solution to the handgun deficit.”"

Pictures:
45-s-w-jpg.3055796

11-jpg.3055797

45-1-jpg.3055798

45-2-jpg.3055799

45-3-jpg.3055800

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom