• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Item Gone: FS S&W 649-3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice gun.

Would like to know the thinking that went into ordering a DAO shrouded hammer, instead of a concealed hammer gun.

I think some PDs don't allow single action for fear of lawsuits over light triggers. Seems strange that they would choose a shrouded hammer over a Centennial, but there are some people who prefer the DAO shroud. There is one guy who has a website and a training program for snubbies that swears by this configuration. Something about being able to pull back the hammer and spin the cylinder to check for proper function.

Something about being able to pull back the hammer and spin the cylinder to check for proper function.

And then your thumb slips and you find out that the gun is functioning just fine. :suspicious:

It's probably all in my mind, but I always thought that the shrouded hammer guns had better trigger pulls than the Centennial types, plus I guess you have the option of stacking the hammer.

Still a wonderment.

And then your thumb slips and you find out that the gun is functioning just fine. :suspicious:

It wouldn’t fire in that scenario. So no issue. Without pulling the trigger, the transfer bar wouldn’t raise into place, so nothing would happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It wouldn’t fire in that scenario. So no issue. Without pulling the trigger, the transfer bar wouldn’t raise into place, so nothing would happen.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, I know, but I tell a better story. Can't let a few facts get in the way of a good story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom