• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: FS Sporterized Carcano

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayjack98

Default rank <1250 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
43   0
Reaction score
Item Name: FS Sporterized Carcano

Zip Code: 30721

Item is for: Sale Only
Sale Price: 130$

Caliber: 6.5 Carcano

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: Yes

Billing Information: Peek at GA drivers license/ GA weapons carry permit

Item Description: My father's great uncle traded a pristine condition Winchester 1873 for this thing back in the 70s. What a waste. Its still a piece of of Italian military history, but not much more. Lots of wear, and some pitting on barrel. It would be an interesting project rifle if nothing else. I do have the majority of a box of ammo and maybe a few loose rounds. Thanks for looking!

edit: Since i was asked, let me clarify. The rifle does come with 2 (maybe 3) mannlicher style clips

Pictures:
img_3741-jpg.2188968

img_3742-jpg.2188969

img_3743-jpg.2188970

img_3744-jpg.2188975

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
I don't want to "own" this rifle, but I'd love to have it for a week or two, and take it to an outdoor rifle range and fire a few groups at 100 and 200 yards.
I have a half a box of Norma 6.5 Carcano ammo that I found at a pawn shop years ago, and picked up, expecting to borrow my buddy's dad's rifle to use it through. But my friend moved away and we haven't been shooting together in 25 years.

IF ANYBODY WANTS TO BUY THIS GUN, but could only pick it up closer to Atlanta, such as in Sandy Springs or Roswell or Marietta or Smyrna, I'll volunteer to deliver it to you, if you can wait a week or two while I take it to the range once.

Although I'm in Cumming, I do travel to Marietta at least a few times a month, on weekends, to visit friends and family there.

I see Privi Partizan has 125 grain ammo (2650 f.p.s. velocity), and Hornady has 160 gr. ammo (2200 f.p.s.; closer to real Italian mil-surp specs).
Neither is too expensive-- 75 cents for the Privi brand, and $1.45 per round for the Hornady (which uses slightly larger bullets made specfically for the Carcano, not other nominally 6.5mm rifles. There's a few thousands of an inch difference, which can make for slightly bigger groups with the more common, slightly undersized, bullets.

I see Privi Partizan has 125 grain ammo (2650 f.p.s. velocity), and Hornady has 160 gr. ammo (2200 f.p.s.; closer to real Italian mil-surp specs).
Neither is too expensive-- 75 cents for the Privi brand, and $1.45 per round for the Hornady (which uses slightly larger bullets made specfically for the Carcano, not other nominally 6.5mm rifles. There's a few thousands of an inch difference, which can make for slightly bigger groups with the more common, slightly undersized, bullets.
the PPU frequently tumbles, I would stick to the hornady

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom