• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Item Gone: RST 12 Ga Damascus barrel safe shells

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordylew

Firefighter Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
191   0
Reaction score
Item Name: Item Gone: RST 12 Ga Damascus barrel safe shells

Item is for: Sale/Trade NOT SPECIFIED

Willing to Ship: No

Bill of Sale Required?: No

Item Description: Looking for a box of 12 2 3/4" RST brand shotgun shells. Damascus safe loads. buy or trade

DISCLAIMER: Always comply with local, state, federal, and international law. The Outdoors Trader does not become involved in transactions between parties. Review our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use for more information.
Looking for a box of 12 2 3/4" RST brand shotgun shells. Damascus safe loads. buy or trade
There is no such thing. If the value of the gun warrants it, have the barrels inspected by an expert. I recommend Kirk Merrington, trained as a barrel maker by Churchill's London. He is in Alpine Texas.

Don't play Damascus roulette.

Having a shotgun inspected by a Gunsmith is a different issue from choosing the correct ammunition
to use in it.
Ideally you would do both.

RST does make low pressure birdshot loads that they say ARE SAFE to use in a Damascus barrel or twisted steel barrel shotgun (that is otherwise in good working condition.)

P.S. They offer 12 gauge shells in both 2 1/2 inch and two and three-quarter inch chamber lengths. Pay attention to this because many older shotguns made before the World War I era have shorter chambers and they do not have 2.75 inch chambers.
(You can put extra stress on your barrel by firing a crimped shotgun shell in a
too-short chamber.)

There is no such thing. If the value of the gun warrants it, have the barrels inspected by an expert. I recommend Kirk Merrington, trained as a barrel maker by Churchill's London. He is in Alpine Texas.

Don't play Damascus roulette.
I actually spoke to Kirt on the phone. This gun is a Parker DH that I have posted pics of on the Parker Collector forum. The original barrels were bulged and I sent them to Bachelder for inspection. They deemed the barrels unsalvable but suggested putting 20 Ga liners in them and seeing if Kirt could fix the bulges. He said best to find a replacement I found a replacement set with dolls head. I had a gunsmith remove the dolls head and fitted. I then sent the barrels off for refinish (Blackened). They are safe for low pressure loads. A lot of folks on the Parker forum use theirs with the RST light pressure loads for hunting. The problem is RST does not load many apparently since they are unobtanium.

I actually spoke to Kirt on the phone. This gun is a Parker DH that I have posted pics of on the Parker Collector forum. The original barrels were bulged and I sent them to Bachelder for inspection. They deemed the barrels unsalvable but suggested putting 20 Ga liners in them and seeing if Kirt could fix the bulges. He said best to find a replacement I found a replacement set with dolls head. I had a gunsmith remove the dolls head and fitted. I then sent the barrels off for refinish (Blackened). They are safe for low pressure loads. A lot of folks on the Parker forum use theirs with the RST light pressure loads for hunting. The problem is RST does not load many apparently since they are unobtanium.
Contact polywad in Roberta Ga. They make reduced recoil shells for old shotguns. I've bought several boxes. I guess they are still around. You used to be able to purchase online and go pickup at the plant, back in 2017-18.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom